Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
I got this from the M&M website. They have some pretty fun recipes that I think my kids will love.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup miniature M&M baking bits
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup grape jam or 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first four ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Then add flour, baking soda and baking powder, mixing in well.
- Hand mix in nuts and M&M Baking Bits.
- Drop by rounded tsp onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350 or until light golden.
- Let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets then transfer to wire racks and let them cool completely.
- Then spread on 1/2 tsp jam and sandwich with another cookie.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for a week to 2.