Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another recipe I found in the Cake Creations cookbook. This is a super cute cake that the kids will love. It looks like a giant PB & J Sandwich (hence the name LOL).
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam or 1⁄2 cup grape jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8-inch square baking pans.
- Mix cake mix, water, oil and eggs according to package directions. Spread batter equally in prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center coems out clean. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 30 minutes. Remove to racks, cool completely.
- Slice of browned tops of booth cakes to creat flat, even layers. Place one layer on serving plate, cut side up. Beat powdered sugar, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons whipping cream and butter with electric mixer at medium speed until light and creamy. Add remaining 1 tablespoon cream, if necessary, to reach desired spreading consistency. Spread filling over cut side of cake layer on serving plate. Spread jam over peanut butter filling. Top with second cake layer, cut side up.
- Cut cake in half diagonally to resemble sandwich. To serve, cut into thin slices across the diagonal using serrated knife.