Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Quaker Oats recipe booklet from 1989. My kids love this for breakfast but I love it too as I'm such a peanut butter nut (pun intended). Top this or swirl in your favorite jelly or preserves. I love using strawberry preserves or apple jelly.
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄3 cups oats, uncooked (quick cooking or old fashioned)
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon jelly (your choice of flavor) or 1 -2 tablespoon preserves (your choice of flavor)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil and then stir in all ingredients but the jelly/preserves.
- Cook about 1 minute or quick oats or 4-5 minutes for old fashioned oats, stirring ocassionally.
- Swirl jelly or preserves into the oatmeal or just dollop on top.
YUM, what a delicious start to the day! This oatmeal is very creamy and satisfying and I am sure it will keep me going all day long. I loved the addition of pb and j! So yummy! I used cherry jam and tea instead of water and that worked out very nicely.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, HokiesMom!
Made and reviewed for Think Pink October 2012.
how easy is this recipe i loved the flavor and it was something different to do with oatmeal
What a fun take on oatmeal. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I used natural chunky peanut butter and simply fruit raspberry jam. No need for adding sweeteners! :)