Recipe by Small Town Cook
A grown-up version of pb & j. You'll never want a plain old sandwich again!
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, large
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup jam
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease/spray muffin pan.
- Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs, 2/3 c sugar, peanut butter and oil to bowl.
- Combine ingredients on low speed of electric mixer, just until moistened. Do not over beat.
- Fill prepared muffin cups evenly with half of the batter.
- Place 2 level teaspoons jam in the center of each muffin.
- Evenly divide remaining batter between muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan 5 minutes.