I got this from the Delicious Living website. It tastes like a moist pb&j with lots of healthy stuff sneaked in.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-fruit strawberry preserves or 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Spray paper muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With two knives or a pastry blender, cut in peanut butter until coarse crumbs form and mixture is no longer powdery.
- Add milk, honey, carrot, zucchini, eggs, and oil; stir until well moistened.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter into each muffin cup.
- Top each with about 1 teaspoon fruit preserves.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 15–20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.