1/3 Photos of Pb & J Muffins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
I got this from the Delicious Living website. It tastes like a moist pb&j with lots of healthy stuff sneaked in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2-3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup finely grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup all-fruit strawberry preserves or 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1Preheat oven to 400º.
- 2Spray paper muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4With two knives or a pastry blender, cut in peanut butter until coarse crumbs form and mixture is no longer powdery.
- 5Add milk, honey, carrot, zucchini, eggs, and oil; stir until well moistened.
- 6Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter into each muffin cup.
- 7Top each with about 1 teaspoon fruit preserves.
- 8Cover with remaining batter.
- 9Bake 15–20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pb & J Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 268.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g