These oat bars make a nice after school snack or a good addition to anyone's lunchbox.
Make and share this PB&J Energy Oat Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-fruit raspberry spreadable fruit (no sugar added)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats, flour, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk to blend.
- Melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl then whisk in peanut butter and brown sugar until well-blended.
- Whisk in egg and vanilla then stir in dry ingredients using a large spatula.
- Spread half the batter evenly over the bottom of the pan then spread the fruit spread evenly over the oat base.
- Top with an even layer of remaining oat batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until just beginning to turn golden.
- A toothpick inserted will come out with a few moist crumbs clinging, and the sides will begin to separate from the pan.
- Cool completely on a rack before cutting into 24 pieces.
- Store at room temperature for up to four days.