1/2 Photos of PB&J Energy Oat Bars
Hey Jude's Note:
These oat bars make a nice after school snack or a good addition to anyone's lunchbox.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-fruit raspberry spreadable fruit (no sugar added)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Place oats, flour, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk to blend.
- 4Melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl then whisk in peanut butter and brown sugar until well-blended.
- 5Whisk in egg and vanilla then stir in dry ingredients using a large spatula.
- 6Spread half the batter evenly over the bottom of the pan then spread the fruit spread evenly over the oat base.
- 7Top with an even layer of remaining oat batter.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes or until just beginning to turn golden.
- 9A toothpick inserted will come out with a few moist crumbs clinging, and the sides will begin to separate from the pan.
- 10Cool completely on a rack before cutting into 24 pieces.
- 11Store at room temperature for up to four days.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for PB&J Energy Oat Bars
Serving Size: 1 (927 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.8
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 44.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
raspberry spreadable fruit