Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil.
- Beat together butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat until combined.
- Mix in flour and salt at low speed until a dough forms.
- Reserve 1 cup dough for topping.
- Press remaining dough evenly in bottom of baking pan.
- Spread jelly in an even layer on top of dough, then coarsley crumble reserved dough over jelly layer.
- Bake until top is golden, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a rack, about 45 minutes, then cut into bars.
So yummy! I didn't have quite enough dough to cover the top but they are delicious and slightly chewy.
These turned out well, and they were really easy. The texture of the dough was a bit soft (maybe my butter was too soft) - think squishing and blobbing instead of patting and crumbling. They baked up fine, though, and the flavor is good.
Yummy kids and adults dessert! This was really easy to make. I would love to try it with other jellies, too. I used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour for 1/2 of the all-purpose. Thanks, Michelle! Made for Spring PAC '08