Recipe by WiGal
This snack idea comes from the Chilean Fresh Fruit Association.
Top Review by MamaJ
DH and I really liked this. My diet has been blown since I started ZWT, but this is very figure friendly. This goes together so quickly and tastes so good, I anticipate that I will make this fairly often as a light lunch or late night snack. Made exactly as written. Thanks for posting WiGal!
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1 medium bartlett pear, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 4 large lettuce leaves or 8 large spinach leaves
- 2 (6 inch) whole wheat pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine diced apples, pears and raisins with orange juice and hold for 5 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and mix well.
- Wash and dry lettuce or spinach leaves on absorbent paper towels.
- Tear lettuce into pita size pieces.
- Warm pita in toaster on lowest color setting.
- Cut pita in half, and carefully open each half to make a pocket.
- Line each pocket with lettuce or spinach leaves and spoon in equal portions of fruit and peanut butter mixture.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Serves 4 - snack or 2 meal portions.