Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This scrumptious layered dessert features peanut butter pudding, sweet bananas and wholemeal cookies making it the perfect indulgence for yourself or to share with others. My sis and me came up with it ourselves and hope you'll enjoy it as much as we do!
For the pudding
- 40 g cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or splenda)
- 500 ml skim milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (I used crunchy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 4 digestive biscuits (or other not to sweet cookies, they are large, approx. 3 inches in diameter)
- In a bowl combine cornstarch, sugar and 6 tbs of the milk. Stir until smooth and lump-free.
- In a pot heat the remaining milk, peanut butter and vanilla extract until boiling. Stir often using a wire whisk to prevent scorching.
- Once boiling, turn off the heat, take the pan off of the stove and stir in cornstarch mixture quickly.
- Then return the pan to the heat briefly until it boils one more time (set it back onto the turned off stove and wait until you see bubbles rising to the top, then take off of the heat again immediately).
- Place 2 heaping tbs of the pudding in the bottom of each of two ramekins (medium size, they should hold about 400 ml each). Top with a digestive biscuit or equivalent in other cookies. Top with more pudding.
- Layer half of the banana slices on top of that and then top with another digestive biscuit.
- Put the remaining banana slices on top of that and end with a layer of pudding.
- Allow to firm up at room temperature (I like the skin on top of pudding, so I dont cover it right away, but you could surely do that to prevent a skin from forming). Then cover with cling film and chill until firm (I left it over night, but a few hours will do).
- Allow to come to room temperature before serving. Enjoy!