Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I was in a bit of a pickle. I was getting bored of my usual breakfast so I wanted something new, yet good to taste and for my health. So, I came up with the brilliant idea of taking an old shake recipe and giving it a little pizazz! Although I only make it for breakfast, I guess it could be used for a nice snack or as a dessert drink. However you decide to indulge in it, I hope you enjoy this wonderful mix just as much as I do. *NOTE* In the "Preparation Time" section, I put 1 Day, this is because of the freezing of the banana.
- 1 banana, peeled sliced, and frozen
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- The night before prep, peel and slice the banana, stick the pieces in a plastic baggie, and put that into the freezer. This will add a nice burst of freshness and cold to go through you.
- At the time of prep, put the bananas, milk, vanilla extract, and peanut butter into the blender. It works out for the better if they go in in that order.
- Blend the ingredients until the mixture is a nice beige color, or for about 30 seconds.
- Serve, sip, and smile!
A very nice smoothie.
Thank you so much for coming up with this great shake! It was really good. Thick like a shake but no ice cream. Can't go wrong with that. I know I'll be making this a lot and plan on trying to add other fruits I need to use up. Great job Nick! Made for PAC Spring 2010.