Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
What a wonderful recipe, if I may say so myself! Of course, you can use any jelly if your little ones don't want grape. I am sure the little kids will gobble these yummy bars up!
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and sugar; add in butter until gets crumbly.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, until smooth.
- Save 1/2 of mixture. Press remaining dough into greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Spread jelly over crust, evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 cup peanut butter chips over jelly.
- Crumble the other dough mixture over chips.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and add remaining pb chips.
- Let cool well before cutting into squares.
These were really good and very easy to make! I did make a couple of changes. I made it in an 8x8 pan (and halved most of the ingredients)instead of 9x13, and used strawberry jam (3/4 cup) and regular PB(3/4 cup, also) instead of the chips because I didn't have any on hand. I just put the jam on first and then smeared the PB over it, and it worked pretty good that way. I will definitely make these again! Thanks Ocean~Ivy for posting!
These were scrumptious!!! I did have to make some changes..I swapped the peanutbutter chips for chocolate (milk chocolate) chips, as my daughter is allergic to peanuts.
I thought these were yummy, though my kids and dh didn't like them. The jelly might spread better if it was melted -- it clumped up and I had difficulty spreading it. I also think raspberry would be better tasting than grape.