Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry cream cheese
- 1 cup strawberry, thinly sliced
- 8 slices bread
- In small bowl, combine peanut butter and honey; mix well.
- Partially stir in cream cheese to give a swirl effect.
- Spread mixture on 4 slices of bread.
- Top each with strawberries.
- Cover with remaining bread slices.
I did not notice the fresh strawberries when I tagged this recipe. Since they are out of season and expensive I used whipped cream cheese and stirred in homemade strawberry jam. I hope that passes muster with the recipe poster. Delicious and Tasty Dish approved! Will make again in spring when strawberries are more local and less expensive. Reviewed for Best of 2012.
I would have never come up with this combo on my own but it was delicious! I used multi-grain bread and only made one sandwich. Thanks for sharing!