Recipe by adopt a greyhound
Great little Caesar salad recipe that came with my hand blender, although I have changed it a bit. Can also add cooked chicken or shrimp.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 -6 anchovy fillets
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grated
- 1⁄2-1 head romaine lettuce, ripped
- 1 cup crouton (Croutons)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh parmesan cheese (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic, mustard, egg beaters, parmesan, lemon juice and anchovy into beaker.
- Place the hand blender into the beaker and blend.
- Slowly add the olive oil until smooth. Add the pepper to taste.
- In a salad bowl or on a plate place the lettuce. Add dressing and toss.
- Top with parmesan cheese and croutons and chicken or shrimp if using.