Recipe by alijen
Tastes like the candy bar, and a little more cookie-like than other recipes. Great fun to make with children.
Top Review by Buster's friend
OMG - after cooling, these taste JUST LIKE Payday bars! Do wait until they cool though - we couldn't wait & they were not impressive BUT the next morning - they became MAGICALLY AWESOME! The crispies crisped back, the peanut & corn syrup became with the marshmallow a delicious nougat & the base was the perfect foil. We cooked the base an additional 10 minutes (maybe b/c it was a glass pan I used) & that made for a tasty base. Mmmm, this is NOT low-cal or low-fat but, cut into little itty-bitty squares, these were great! Thank you, alijen, for a great recipe I will be using again!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces peanut butter chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies (or generic equivalent)
- 2 cups salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix, egg, and 1/2 cup butter in a bowl Pour batter into an ungreased 9x13 baking dish Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes Remove from oven, and while still hot, sprinkle marshmallows on top Melt corn syrup, remaining 1/4 cup butter, vanilla and peanut butter chips in a saucepan Melt and mix until smooth Add peanuts and Rice Krispies last Mix well and spread over top of marshmallow/cakemix mixture Allow to cool before slicing into cookies.