Recipe by PuglyDuckling
I love the candy bars and was so very grateful when a co-worker gave me this recipe for the snack bars! They're wonderful and don't last long around my house!
Top Review by Traveling Lady
I had made these candy bars for years but after my children were grown I got away from it. My recipe is a little different but I'm sure it has the same great taste. I make mine in a bowl in the microwave. I just bring a cup of each sugar and corn syrup to a boil..remove from heat and stir in a cup of peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla and a cup of peanuts. Mix it with 6 cups of rice chex and put it in a 9 X 13 pan and let cool. Thank you for bringing this memory back...I think I may make some for my granddaughters for Easter. :))
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup blanched salted peanuts (don't use Spanish peanuts!)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl combine cereal and peanuts; set aside.
- In small saucepan combine corn syrup and sugar.
- Heat to 240 degrees (soft ball stage); stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour over cereal and peanuts and gently stir just until coated.
- Pat into greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.