Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Payday Cake--tastes like a Payday candy bar.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup oleo
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows (Use after cake is baked)
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup oleo
- 1 (12 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- Mix all but marshmallows together.
- Bake in ungreased 9x13-inch pan for 12 to 18 minutes at 350°.
- When baked and while still hot, put marshmallows on top.
- Then add the following topping:.
- Heat in medium pan: Corn syrup, margarine, peanut butter chips and vanilla, stirring constantly.
- Pour over top of all layers when everything has been layered.
- Put 2 cups of Rice Krispies over that and then 2 cups salted peanuts on top.
- Tastes just like a Payday candy bar.
I made this cake for our office Christmas luncheon and everybody loved it. They all wanted the recipe. I thought the directions were a little confusing but I think I figured it out correctly. Thanks for this recipe. It will be added to my permanent file.
I had this cake at a Memorial Day cookout and it was absolutely delicious. Perhaps the Oleo made a difference in the taste. I will use this but will change the Oleo to butter. Butter always makes things better. Thanks for the recipe!
I must admit that I didn't particularly like the crunch/feel of the Rice Krispies in this recipe. When I'm evaluating a dessert recipe, it must rate 5 stars for me to make it again because there are just so many GREAT dessert recipes around. I did photograph the recipe because it LOOKED nice, but again, we didn't think it rated 5 stars.