Recipe by Darlene Summers
Payday Cake--tastes like a Payday candy bar.
Top Review by Betty Bryant
I made this cake for our office Christmas luncheon and everybody loved it. They all wanted the recipe. I thought the directions were a little confusing but I think I figured it out correctly. Thanks for this recipe. It will be added to my permanent file.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup oleo
- 1 egg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows (Use after cake is baked)
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup oleo
- 1 (12 ounce) package peanut butter chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all but marshmallows together.
- Bake in ungreased 9x13-inch pan for 12 to 18 minutes at 350°.
- When baked and while still hot, put marshmallows on top.
- Then add the following topping:.
- Heat in medium pan: Corn syrup, margarine, peanut butter chips and vanilla, stirring constantly.
- Pour over top of all layers when everything has been layered.
- Put 2 cups of Rice Krispies over that and then 2 cups salted peanuts on top.
- Tastes just like a Payday candy bar.