Recipe by senseicheryl
I received a few copycat recipes today from Recipe Robot. I hope they are good! I have estimated the prep time and cook time.
- 5 caramel squares
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 20 caramel squares
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts (slightly crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first six ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook over low heat until the caramel has melted and stirs smooth.
- Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar and stir to mix inches Reserve the remaining sugar. Turn heat to medium high. Using a candy thermometer, cook caramel mixture until exactly 230F while stirring often.
- Remove from heat, let cool for a few minutes, and add remaining powdered sugar. Use a hand mixer to beat in the sugar for a couple minutes.
- Let candy cool for 20 minutes. Divide candy into eight equal pieces and form each into 4 inch logs. Place on wax paper and let cool for one hour.
- In a double boiler, add remaining caramels and water. Melt until smooth. Remove from heat, but keep hot water under the caramel so it doesn't firm up.
- Use a pastry brush to coat one of the logs with hot caramel. Roll in peanuts in a shallow dish. If any spots are not completely covered in peanuts, apply more caramel and stick back in peanuts.
- Repeat with the remaining logs.
- Allow to cool completely before eating.