Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A very different and very delicious cake, a big time favorite at our house...you will love this cake!
Top Review by happynana
Good recipe. Went to post and found your recipe. I have made these for years but the only diffence is my recipe calls to use a 15 x 10 pan and 3 cups of rice krispies. This is a fun recipe.
- 1 (510 g) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the cake mix, 1/3 cup butter and the egg; press into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 12-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with mini marshmallows; return to oven, bake for 1-2 minutes, or until marshmallows begin to puff.
- In a saucepan, over med-high heat, cook corn syrup, 1/4 cup butter, vanilla and peanut butter chips until melted; remove from heat, and stir in the puffed rice cereal and salted peanuts.
- Spoon the mixture over the top of the marshmallows in the pan; spread to coat evenly.
- Cool cake before serving.