Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe passed down to me from my husbands Great Grandmother. Its come to replace the simple cans of cranberry sauce served at the holidays. So good its almost a desert! The celery sounds odd but it fits in there perfectly. Great make ahead dish!
- 6 ounces raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 cups hot water
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 12 ounces ocean spray whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water.
- Add cold water, Cranberry Sauce, Celery, Walnuts, Pineapple and stir.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar together. Fold in cool whip and top your salad.
- Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is a great cranberry salad! Because there were only 4 of us for Thanksgiving dinner, we adjusted the recipe and used an 8 x 8 pan. We did not add the topping, because of dietary restrictions, and it was very good. I am certain it would be amazing that way, too..