10 hrs 20 mins
Misty Bryant's Note:
Traditional Sunday recipe my grandfather has made ever since I can remember! Best when prepared Sat. night, so it can cook all night, and be ready for lunch after church!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 lbs pork roast (any)
- olive oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, fresh (we like portabello)
- garlic powder
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning (optional)
- 1Cut deep slits into roast on both sides.
- 2Peel cloves of garlic, crush with spoon.
- 3Stuff garlic cloves into each slit (don't be afraid of garlic!).
- 4Season roast, heavily (will loose some during searing).
- 5Heat oil in large browning pot.
- 6Sear roast on all sides to golden brown.
- 7Remove roast from browning pot, place in large crock pot.
- 8Add 4 cups of water to browning pot.
- 9Bring to a boil.
- 10Add all ingredients to roast in crock pot (including water).
- 11Stir until well blended.
- 12Bring all ingredients to boil in crock pot (high).
- 13Cook for 1 hour.
- 14Reduce to low, cook all night (10-12 hrs).
- 15Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pawpaw's Sunday Garlic Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.9
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 90.1 mg
- Sodium 1186.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 33.1 g