Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the cookbook: Recipes from Pawleys Island.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, only
- 3 tablespoons cracker meal, extra fine
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- fresh breadcrumb
- Blend mayo, pepper, egg white, lemon juice and cracker meal.
- Fold lightly into crabmeat.
- Shape into patties and roll in fresh bread crumbs.
- Saute in heavy skillet with butter until evenly browned.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.