Recipe by Chef * tender; DRINKFLINGER
reward dog treats
Top Review by Chef C C
These were excellent! Rixs, my collie, gave some of them to our neighbor's dogs. I know Rixs loves the Paw Paws, because he starts to drool when I go for the bag I keep of them - talk about Pavlov's dog!! Anyway, we gave it 4 PAWS and a hand up for these treats! Thank you for posting this recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (set 1 tsp aside )
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar (or 6 tsp lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- in seperate bowl mix all dry ingredients, flour,cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon.
- in another bowl beat eggs, add honey, oil, add peanut butter mix well, and apple sauce an stir.add wet mixture to dry a little at a time stiring well.
- make 1/2" balls, roll in a mixture of 1 c cormeal and 2 tsp of cinnamon. place on a parchment lined baking tray. shape into paws if desired.
- bake in a preheated oven for 8 to 12 minutes depending on size.