Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I put this recipe together as I couldn't find any frozen desserts that I was able to eat due to my intolerance to a large number of foods and preservatives. This recipe is gluten free and dairy free, but contains Amines. You could try pears instead of the paw paw to take away the amines. It can serve 4 people - but I found it very hard to share :o)
- Place a metal tin in the freezer to chill.
- Combine paw paw, water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until syrup thickens.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place mixture into food processor and process until smooth.
- Place in metal container and freeze for 2 hours or until almost set.
- Using a metal spoon, roughly break up the mixture. Return mixture to food processer adding the egg white. Process until smooth.
- Return to metal container and freeze for 4 - 6 hours (or overnight).
Made this GREAT FROZEN DESSERT as directed (although I was tempted to use half papaya & half mango) & it is a wonderful, cool treat at the end of a hot day! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted Joeys in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]