- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 large egg (add shell if desired)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk or 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the over to 325°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, cornmeal, egg, skim milk and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese in.
- a bowl and mix well, kneading with your hands.
- Place the remaining cheese on a plate. Using your hands, tear off tablespoon-size pieces of dough and roll into small logs. Roll the logs in the parmesan cheese, then twist.
- Place the twists on the baking sheet.
- Bake or 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Place in airtight container and store up.
- to 2 weeks.