Recipe by love_thy_pup
I am a dog sitter and when dogs are away from mom and dad their appetites are affected. This is a simple meal that any dog will take to immediately. I always add it a table spoon at a time to each meal before making a 50/50 mix/switch of dry and homemade food.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 yams (NO SKINS) or 4 baking potatoes (NO SKINS)
- 3 apples, cored (no seeds)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cooked, 98% fat free (no bones or skins)
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof frozen or canned fresh steamed vegetables, assorted veggies including peas, corn, carrots and green beans (no salt added)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cube potatoes and boil as you would for potato salad. Firm and thoroughly cooked but not mushy. Depending on the size of your dog will depend on how small or large you cube them and cooking time will vary by cube size.
- Wash the apples well and core them. The skins of apples are very good for dogs but the seeds are toxic. Slice/wedge/dice or cube the apples according to your dogs size.
- Strain potatoes and add (I prefer frozen veggies to help cool the potatoes quicker) veggies and apples.
- Add chicken and yogurt and you are ready to serve a delicious and nutricious meal!
- Barley, oats, rice and fully cooked eggs make great additions to this meal.