1/2 Photos of Pavlova with fruit custard filling
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
An old family favourite. Makes a beautiful pavlova. The custard filling uses the left over egg yolks which is a bonus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Pavlova
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
For the custard filling
- 1To make pavlova.
- 2Mix egg whites until stiff, then incorporate other pavlova ingredients and mix until thick and glossy.
- 3Mixture must stand in peaks.
- 4Pile mixture onto a buttered large plate,eg dinner plate size.
- 5On top of this mixture make a dip-- this is where the custard filling will go later.
- 6Put in preheated oven 150 C for 30minutes.
- 7Reduce heat to 110 C and bake for further 45minutes.
- 8After this time, turn off oven and let pavlova cool in oven.
- 9To make the custard filling: Put fruit salad into a small pan on the stove top.
- 10Bring to boil,add cornflour dissolved in water to thicken mix.
- 11Lastly add the beaten egg yolks and butter.
- 12Cook on medium heat for a few minutes till mixture is thick.
- 13Taste the custard, if you prefer a sweeter taste, add some sugar (optional) to sweeten, but bear in mind that the pavlova is sweet.
- 14When the custard is cold, place in the"dip" on top of the pavlova.
- 15Top with whipped cream.
- 16Add passionfruit (optional) to decorate if you like.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pavlova with fruit custard filling
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.9
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 117.0 mg
- Sodium 86.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 59.3 g
- Protein 3.6 g