Recipe by oriana
A beautiful pavlova crispy on the outside and a nice soft filling on the inside.Easy to make!From womens weekly cookbook
Top Review by Pets'R'us
I love making pavlova's. Was very surprised to see the recipe used 1 tablespoon of cornflour, nomally its 1 teaspoon. It made a very good pavlova but very brittle and next time I will cut the cornflour down to 1/2 a tablespoon. Thanks for posting!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar icing
- 150 g strawberries, sliced thinly
- 150 g blueberries
- 120 g raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to very slow (120 degrees c).
- grease and line an oven tray with baking paper and draw a 18cm circle on it.
- beat egg whites till peaks form.
- gradually add caster sugar.
- beating until sugar dissolves in between additions.
- fold in cornflour and vinegar.
- spread meringue on baking paper within the circle.
- level top with spatula.
- bake uncovered in oven for about 1 1/4 hours or till meringue is firm cool meringue in oven with door slightly open.
- beat cream extract and icing sugar with electric mixer til peaks form.
- serve meringue topped with cream mixture and berries.
- You can also use kiwi fruit, paw paw, strawberries for your fruit topping.