Recipe by Erica_Hildebrand
I got this out of an Australian cookbook. It is very light and airy. Great dinner party dessert or summer on the deck dessert..
Top Review by JessicaFarewell
i don't really know how to make meringue, so that turned out kind of bad, it didn't ruin it though. i tried it both in a round baking pan and on a cookie sheet because that's how i've seen it done before. I used different fruit than in the recipe too. I used mango, berries and kiwi. It's a great dessert and easy, if you know how to make meringue.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornflour or 2 teaspoons cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 2 passion fruit
- 3 kiwi fruits, sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 14 -15 strawberries, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 7 inch round baking pan and dust lightly with a little flour.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and gradually beat in the sugar.
- Beat until the mixture is thick and the sugar is dissolved.
- Carefully fold in the cornflour and vanilla.
- Spoon into the baking pan.
- Reduce the oven heat to 150°C (300°F) and place in oven.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before turning onto a serving plate.
- Allow to cool completely before decorating with the whipped cream and sliced fruit.
- If you cannot find the passionfruit, you can use raspberries or blackberries instead.
- I use both often in this recipe.
- I have also made it with all purpose flour and it turned out okay.
- I usually use it to follow up my shrimp fetucinni http://www.