Recipe by StewHound
A family friend made the best pavalova and she gave the recipe to my mum who has passed it on. You can cover the pavalova in whipped cream and fruit looks like a thick cake, but super light and tasty. The best part is the very easy recipe which even I can do.
- 5 extra large egg whites (at room temperature)
- 8 ounces white sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- butter, for greasing pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks, should be able to turn bowl upside down.
- Add teaspoon of white vinegar and mix in(a couple of seconds).
- Fold in half the sugar, very lightly the more you work the mixture the flatter it gets.
- Fold in the other half.
- Grease baking paper sheet with butter and place on top of baking pan.
- Pour mixture onto sheet, use a spoon to make it into a pie shape, about inch or 2 high and 10 -12 inches diameter(should be firm enough to hold shape).
- Put in oven at 160 celsius for about 10 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Turn oven down to 100 celsius and leave for an hour.
- Remove from oven and flip it over and remove baking sheet to dry bottom.
- Serve when cool. Enjoy.