Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My husband is from Northern Ireland, and this is a very popular dessert over there. It is light, refreshing and so easy to make. You can modify the fruits to your liking. Enjoy!
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups fresh grapes or 2 cups strawberries or 2 cups kiwi or 2 cups oranges or 2 cups berries
- Preheat oven to 225°F Beat egg white and cream of tarter until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes). Gradually add the sugar one tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Spread this out in a 10 inch circle on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake for 1 ½ hours. Cool.
- Whip cream and sugar. Spread into meringue shell and top with fresh fruits of your choice. We like grapes, strawberries and kiwi. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like.
- Another filling option is to use one package of sugar free/fat free vanilla pudding, mix with 1 cup cold milk and than add 1 cup cool whip. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, than spoon into shell and top with raspberries. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like.
This was incredibly awesome! Like a little taste of heaven. i chose to make this particular recipe because my parents are from N. ireland and it was my mom who mentioned today that she loves and misses pavlova. thank you for sharing this delicous recipe which i will be making for my dear mom next time i see her. Note: i made my shells ( 4 small ones instead of 1 big one) on a silicone baking sheet and they lifted off beautifully when they cooled.
I use a similar recipe from Gale Gand; the only difference is that the recipe I use is a chocolate pavlova. This is my favorite recipe to serve for Valentines Day and I use strawberries cut into the shapes of hearts. I've made this countless times and have made it with just about any in season fruit. It tastes great with any fruit even peaches, star fruit, grapes, blueberries... To make a chocolate version just add 2-3 Tablespoons of cocoa--it will taste like the center of a 3 Muskateers on the inside and the crisp outside will melt on your tongue. The recipe overall is fairly easy to make and will earn great reviews.