Recipe by Annie in Delaware, USA
My husband is from Northern Ireland, and this is a very popular dessert over there. It is light, refreshing and so easy to make. You can modify the fruits to your liking. Enjoy!
Top Review by Yellow Lab Lover
This was incredibly awesome! Like a little taste of heaven. i chose to make this particular recipe because my parents are from N. ireland and it was my mom who mentioned today that she loves and misses pavlova. thank you for sharing this delicous recipe which i will be making for my dear mom next time i see her. Note: i made my shells ( 4 small ones instead of 1 big one) on a silicone baking sheet and they lifted off beautifully when they cooled.
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups fresh grapes or 2 cups strawberries or 2 cups kiwi or 2 cups oranges or 2 cups berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 225°F Beat egg white and cream of tarter until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes). Gradually add the sugar one tablespoon at a time, until stiff peaks form. Spread this out in a 10 inch circle on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake for 1 ½ hours. Cool.
- Whip cream and sugar. Spread into meringue shell and top with fresh fruits of your choice. We like grapes, strawberries and kiwi. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like.
- Another filling option is to use one package of sugar free/fat free vanilla pudding, mix with 1 cup cold milk and than add 1 cup cool whip. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes, than spoon into shell and top with raspberries. You can sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like.