Recipe by NovaLee
French word for "paving stones" or "cobblestone" layered preparation cut into squares. these taste and look great!
- 2 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and heavy cream in a large zip bag and marinate over night.
- Line a 8x8 inch loaf pan with foil hanging over all sides and brush with melted butter.
- Arrange potatoes in bottom of pan overlapping slightly, layer with sweet potatoes keep stacking potatoes-sweet potatoes push down and use all the potatoes salt and pepper each layer.
- Tightly cover pan with foil place another 8x8 loaf pan on top and place a brick or oven proof object inside pan Bake 350 1 1/2 hours or till tender leave brick on and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Turn out on cutting board and cut into 2 inch squares, saute in oil brown on both sides 3-4 minutes,or in the oven 350 for 5 minutes.