Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My high school Spanish teacher gave us this recipe in class. It's pronounced pah-vay. It's great to eat after a spicy Mexican meal. The cool sweetness is very soothing.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box graham crackers
- milk (to soak graham crackers in)
- crushed cashews (optional)
- Boil the unopened can of condensed milk in a large amount of water for 1 1/2 hours; let cool to room temperature.
- Mix butter, sugar, and shipped topping until blended.
- Dip individual graham crackers in shallow bowl of milk.
- Place crackers in square or rectangular casserole dish in one layer.
- Spread half of whipped mixture over crackers.
- Place a second layer of crackers over the topping.
- Spread other half of whipped mixture over crackers.
- Top whipped mixture with remaining crackers.
- Open can of condensed milk; stir, then pour over top of crackers.
- Sprinkle with crushed cashews.
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve frozen.