1/3 Photos of Pavê De Limão
Matheus Brasil's Note:
My mother taught me to prepare this no-bake, easy-to-make Brazilian dessert. I love it because it’s not too sweet. Use thin biscuits that are rectangular—about 35mm x 75mm. In Australia, I use Arnott’s Malt o Milk biscuits, but any similar biscuit would be fine. You can make this dessert in any size pan, depending on how many layers you want. I get four layers when I use a pan about 180mm x 280mm. Time does not include two hours for refrigeration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Zest and juice the limes. Set aside the zest for decoration.
- 2Combine the condensed milk, cream and lime juice, and beat until thick (about 7 minutes using a hand mixer on high).
- 3Have your ungreased pan ready.
- 4Pour the plain milk into a shallow dish and dip each biscuit in the milk.
- 5Arrange a layer of biscuits in the pan, and top it with about 1/4 of the beaten mixture (this will vary it you want more or fewer layers).
- 6Keep repeating layers until you run out of the beaten mixture (you will probably have some biscuits left over).
- 7Sprinkle the top layer with the reserved lime zest.
- 8Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving. You can make this a day in advance.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pavê De Limão
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.0
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Sodium 297.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g