Recipe by Sheepie87
Steak for one pan-fried, then bathed in a spicy sauce! I threw this together because I didn't really have much in the kitchen, being a poor student abroad. I don't even like meat, but this was quite tasty. I like to make it really spicy--you have to use good quality HOT paprika. This is great with mashed potatoes, a pile of veggies, and bread to sop up all that sauce.
- 4 ounces top round steaks (should be quite thin)
- 1⁄3 cup red wine (your preference, just make sure it's good enough to drink with your meal!!!)
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tomato paste
- hot paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up a nonstick skillet.
- Season steak on both sides with paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Fry the steak until your desired doneness.
- Remove steak from pan to warm plate.
- Add wine to hot pan, deglazing and stirring with wooden spoon to get all the meaty bits into the sauce.
- Whisk in creme fraiche and tomato paste until thickened but not lumpy.
- Spoon over meat and eat!