Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
This recipe was given to me by my friend, Paul, aka Moral DK. How bad could it be with a name like that? For a great party snack, put these balls in a slow cooker on low heat and sit them in the center of a table.
- 1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, approximately
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt, approximately
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground beef with the eggs, breadcrumbs, half the green peppers, half the garlic and half the onions.
- Roll into small balls, and brown. Do not overcook.
- Add the remainder of the onions garlic, and green peppers, along with the red peppers and cook till caramelized. (For those who like heat, you can also add any hot peppers you like at this point.).
- Add the heavy cream and bring to boil, but turn down heat immediately to a simmer and add the soy sauce.
- Thicken with the yogurt (don't overdo it -- you can always add more later) and simmer for a bit to allow the meat to absorb flavor and the sauce to thicken.
- Add fresh cracked pepper and salt to taste. Serve over egg noodles.