Top Review by papergoddess
I just made this for dinner, and had to sit right down and rate it. This was EXCELLENT!! My 11 year old had a friend over who lives on fast food, so I thought "He'll never eat this". He had three pieces, my son had two, my husband ate what was left, so dtr. is out of luck when she gets home. I used half-and-half instead of whipping cream, and the sauce was kind of thin. (my fault due to the substitution, I'm sure) But the flavor is superb. Thanks for posting this one!!!
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 4 ounces green chilies, canned chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an ovenproof skillet, fry bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel; sauté chicken in bacon fat turning once, to brown, Remove chicken, keep warm.
- Add chicken broth and scrape up any browned bits on bottom of skillet, simmer until reduced to half, Return chicken to skillet.
- Add garlic, cilantro, undrained chilis and cream bake uncovered, until chicken is done, about 30 minutes Remove from oven, Turn oven to broil, sprinkle chicken with cheese, set under broiler until cheese melts and browns.
- Crumble bacon, sprinkle over chicken.