Recipe by Northern Cook
I got this recipe from my brother-in-law - - it is his signature dish. I know he got the original recipe from a cookbook, but I do not know the name of the book. The pesto has an intense green color and a pleasingly bold flavor. Serve over thin to regular spaghetti noodles. Also, this pesto freezes very well.
- 1 1⁄4 cups spinach leaves, packed and stemmed
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup romano cheese or 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse several times until coarsely chopped. Scrape sides of bowl from time to time. Process continuously until the sauce is smooth.
- If the pesto is too thick, add a little hot water and pulse again.
- At this point, you can either freeze the pesto for future use or toss immediately with prepared, hot spaghetti noodles.
- Serve with crusty bread and a good white wine.