Recipe by Morrison
I saw this on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and this recipe is from the show's website. This is a pretty salty dish, so you can scale back/substitute the pancetta or use a different combination of cheeses if you'd like.
Top Review by Squisser
Awesome dish! I didn't use the suggested cheese....instead I used the Kraft Italiano blend and the double cheddar mix and sprinkle parm cheese on top. Turned out GREAT! Had never tried Pancetta before today but MY GOD its amazing!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 lb pancetta, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups asiago cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups provolone cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook ziti until al dente. Strain and rinse in cool water.
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat, cook pancetta until it is crispy and the fat has rendered.
- In the same pan, add all of the cheeses and the cream and whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slowly add the cooked ziti to the cheese mixture, stirring gently.
- Transfer the ziti and cheese mixture to a large baking dish or cast iron skillet. Top off with more cheese and bake for 24 to 30 minutes.