1/1 Photo of Paul's Crafty Mac N Cheese With Pancetta
I saw this on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and this recipe is from the show's website. This is a pretty salty dish, so you can scale back/substitute the pancetta or use a different combination of cheeses if you'd like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ziti pasta
- 1/2 lb pancetta, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups asiago cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups provolone cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook ziti until al dente. Strain and rinse in cool water.
- 3In a saute pan over medium-high heat, cook pancetta until it is crispy and the fat has rendered.
- 4In the same pan, add all of the cheeses and the cream and whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 5Slowly add the cooked ziti to the cheese mixture, stirring gently.
- 6Transfer the ziti and cheese mixture to a large baking dish or cast iron skillet. Top off with more cheese and bake for 24 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paul's Crafty Mac N Cheese With Pancetta
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.6
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 616.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: