Prep 1 min
Cook 13 mins
Low Carb Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3 ounces chicken breasts
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1⁄3 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- Dice Onions, Celery & Chicken (dice chicken separately).
- in a 4 quart pan Sautee Onion & Celery in butter for approximately 5 minutes.
- In non stick frying pan cook 3 ounce chicken breast submerged in water until cooked (approximately 5 minutes)
- Add all ingredients (except chicken) into a the 4 quart pot. Stir ingredients & bring contents of pot to a simmer. Once Pot is at a simmer let simmer for eight minutes.
- Once soup is finished simmering remove from heat & let cool enough so that it can be placed in Blender. Blend for 1 minute. Add Chicken to soup & serve.
I am unsure of whether the 3 cups of water were for boiling the raw chicken breasts or for the soup. I added it to the soup and it was very thin, so I'm thinking that it was probably just for the chicken. I'm not really sure of the purpose of the ground flax seeds either .. They didn't blend well and just sit on the bottom of the soup. I think this has potential but next time I would leave out the flax seeds and water.
I made this recipe with boullion cubes instead of the powder, I used 2 and the broth from the chicken, making it 1 cup broth and 2 cups water. It was what I had on hand... anyway, it came out delicious!