Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the book "A Family Raised on Sunshine," it's the absolute best recipe for brownies that I have ever made! My grandmother and step-mother always made this exact recipe and now I make it for my family. I like to add vanilla extract and sub brown sugar for some of the white sugar. I also like to take them out of the oven before they're done so they're really chewy when they cool, if we can wait that long!
- 10 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter (can substitute margarine but I don't)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, Beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (I use Sea Salt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan on low heat. Mix in the cocoa powder and then add sugar. Once it mixed well, add eggs, flour, salt, vanilla (optional), and nuts (optional). Pour into a 9" square greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 25-30 minutes. Let cool, cut and enjoy!