This is a recipe I came up with to surprise my husband. His favorite foods are all in here! If I have fresh mushrooms on hand, I will slice and saute them into the dish as well.
- 453.59 g package Italian sausage
- 453.59 g uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3 red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml minced flat leaf parsley
- 2.46 ml thyme leaves
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 236.59 ml pinot grigio wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 29.58 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 453.59 g linguine, prepared
- Drizzle sliced peppers with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a 450° oven, roast red peppers for 30 to 45 minutes, turning occasionally until charred slightly.
- Cook whole sausages until no longer pink (you may fry in a pan or grill them, whichever you prefer).
- Allow sausage to cool slightly, then slice.
- In a large skillet, sauté minced garlic, shallot in remaining olive oil.
- Add parsley, thyme, bouillon cube, Italian Seasoning, and wine.
- Once the bouillon cube has dissolved, add shrimp.
- Continue cooking until shrimp are pink and wine has reduced a bit.
- Add peppers and sausage; stir to heat through.
- Swirl in the butter.
- Season to taste for salt and pepper.
- Serve over linguini, giving a toss to incorporate sauce throughout.
- Sprinkle with cheese.