Recipe by ~Paula~
This is a recipe I came up with to surprise my husband. His favorite foods are all in here! If I have fresh mushrooms on hand, I will slice and saute them into the dish as well.
Top Review by Christineyy!
This definitely went beyong all expectations. The only problem I had was, the roasting time stated was too long in my oven. I tossed the peppers after 15 minutes and then checked on them again right at 30 minutes, but by that point quite of few of the peppers had burnt. My suggestion would just be to check on the peppers at 20 or 25 minutes. I served this with whole wheat pasta which was an absolutely outstanding complimentary flavor. Everyone absolutely loved this. You have a winner here, Paula! Thank you!
- 1 (16 ounce) package Italian sausage
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3 red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup pinot grigio wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 16 ounces linguine, prepared
Directions See How It's Made
- Drizzle sliced peppers with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a 450° oven, roast red peppers for 30 to 45 minutes, turning occasionally until charred slightly.
- Cook whole sausages until no longer pink (you may fry in a pan or grill them, whichever you prefer).
- Allow sausage to cool slightly, then slice.
- In a large skillet, sauté minced garlic, shallot in remaining olive oil.
- Add parsley, thyme, bouillon cube, Italian Seasoning, and wine.
- Once the bouillon cube has dissolved, add shrimp.
- Continue cooking until shrimp are pink and wine has reduced a bit.
- Add peppers and sausage; stir to heat through.
- Swirl in the butter.
- Season to taste for salt and pepper.
- Serve over linguini, giving a toss to incorporate sauce throughout.
- Sprinkle with cheese.