1/3 Photos of Paula's Shrimp and Sausage Pasta
1 hr 20 mins
This is a recipe I came up with to surprise my husband. His favorite foods are all in here! If I have fresh mushrooms on hand, I will slice and saute them into the dish as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package Italian sausage
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 3 red peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup pinot grigio wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 16 ounces linguine, prepared
- 1Drizzle sliced peppers with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 2In a 450° oven, roast red peppers for 30 to 45 minutes, turning occasionally until charred slightly.
- 3Cook whole sausages until no longer pink (you may fry in a pan or grill them, whichever you prefer).
- 4Allow sausage to cool slightly, then slice.
- 5In a large skillet, sauté minced garlic, shallot in remaining olive oil.
- 6Add parsley, thyme, bouillon cube, Italian Seasoning, and wine.
- 7Once the bouillon cube has dissolved, add shrimp.
- 8Continue cooking until shrimp are pink and wine has reduced a bit.
- 9Add peppers and sausage; stir to heat through.
- 10Swirl in the butter.
- 11Season to taste for salt and pepper.
- 12Serve over linguini, giving a toss to incorporate sauce throughout.
- 13Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula's Shrimp and Sausage Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.9
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 152.2 mg
- Sodium 1606.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 37.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: