Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
It's like taking a bite out of the holiday season!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- Cream together sugar and shortening.
- Add pumpkin and egg and mix well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to the wet mixture, mix well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add raisins and nuts if desired.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or till light brown.
These cookies were very moist,they were dense,like a little cake.They were especially good the next day,as the flavors 'blended.'Very good.
These are awesome! We add a half cup of chocolate chips to satisfy my chocolate cravings. We are making them today for the 3rd time. Be forewarned, I find them hard to stop eating!! Goody girl's post should be removed. Not all cookies are crunchy. The baking powder and shortening should tip you off that these are not crunchy butter cookies.
This cookies is very moist but no crunch to cake like of me.