Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
While searching for authentic Italian ingredients, I got sidetracked looking at authentic recipes instead. Found this on www.bellaonline.com by Paula Laurita, BellaOnline's Italian Food Editor. She said in Vicenza they do this in a rotisserie and place the rosemary, orange and onion inside the chicken. This smells wonderful while cooking and it seems to be lower in fat and calories than some other versions. When made with skinless thighs the meat was tender and juicy.
- Coat the bottom of a baking dish with olive oil and pour in the wine.
- Coat the chicken pieces with olive oil and then lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken in the baking dish, skin side up.
- Cut the orange into quarters and gently squeeze the juice over the chicken (don't try and squeeze all the juice out).
- Put the orange pieces over the chicken.
- Cut the onion into slices and scatter over the chicken pieces.
- Drizzle any remaining olive oil over the chicken.
- Place the rosemary sprigs on top of the chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Plate and garnish with the baked onions.