Kat's Mom's Note:
While searching for authentic Italian ingredients, I got sidetracked looking at authentic recipes instead. Found this on www.bellaonline.com by Paula Laurita, BellaOnline's Italian Food Editor. She said in Vicenza they do this in a rotisserie and place the rosemary, orange and onion inside the chicken. This smells wonderful while cooking and it seems to be lower in fat and calories than some other versions. When made with skinless thighs the meat was tender and juicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat the bottom of a baking dish with olive oil and pour in the wine.
- 2Coat the chicken pieces with olive oil and then lightly season with salt and pepper.
- 3Arrange the chicken in the baking dish, skin side up.
- 4Cut the orange into quarters and gently squeeze the juice over the chicken (don't try and squeeze all the juice out).
- 5Put the orange pieces over the chicken.
- 6Cut the onion into slices and scatter over the chicken pieces.
- 7Drizzle any remaining olive oil over the chicken.
- 8Place the rosemary sprigs on top of the chicken.
- 9Cover with aluminum foil.
- 10Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- 11Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 12Plate and garnish with the baked onions.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula's Orange - Rosemary Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.5
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 97.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: