Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
From Paula Deen's Quick & Easy Meals, Special Collector's Issue.
- 1 lb bratwurst, fully cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup light beer
- 1⁄4 cup mustard (stone-ground)
- 12 soft dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- Cut sausages into 1/4" thick rounds.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, 5-6 minutes, or until browned. Remove sausage from pan with a slottted spoon, leaving as much oil in pan as possible. Add onion and peppers, and cook, 7-8 minutes or until tender.
- Return sausage to pan; stir in beer and mustard. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon sausage mixture evenly over bottom halves of rolls; top with sauerkraut and cover with top of rolls.