Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves green bean casserole but I'm a bit weary of the regular old recipe. Found this from Ms. Deen and plan to try for our next holiday meal.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 118.29 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 473.18 ml sliced fresh green beans
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 79.37 g can French fried onion rings
- 0.25 ml seasoning salt (Paula's House seasoning or other)
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Saute onions and mushrooms in butter. Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain. Add green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, and seasoning salt to onion mixture. Stir well. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then top with cheddar cheese and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until casserole is hot and cheese is melted and bubbly.
I am not a huge fan of the traditional green bean casserole so to find a new version that is soooo much better is great! Made with a 16 oz pack if haricot verts that I steamed for 7 minutes rather than boiling. I also used white cheddar cheese since that is all I had left. This casserole was very flavorful and paired well with our grilled BBQ chicken. Made for Photoless Recipe Tag.