Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is Paula version of Elvis' sandwich. I love it!
Make and share this Paula's Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 -3 bananas, ripe
- 8 slices white bread
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a frying pan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Make sure butter does not burn. In a small bowl mix together the peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon. Slice the bananas into 1/4-inch thick slices. Spread the peanut butter mixture on 4 slices of bread and cover with banana slices. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread. Spread the remaining butter on both sides of the sandwiches. Grill the sandwiches in the frying pan until each side is golden brown.
- For topping, combine the sugar and cinnamon in shallow plate. Coat the grilled sandwiches with the mixture. Cut diagonally and serve hot.
Way out of this world good! Spiced up with honey and cinnamon.
very yummy and easy to make! i also tried it with wheat bread, no butter, and only 1tbs sugar for topping, and my family still loved it! thanks for sharing!