Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just *knew* Paula Deen would provide a way of making calorie-laden biscuits even more fattening. ;) Recipe from the FoodTV website.
- 3 -4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 lb squeeze margarine (in the bottle) or 1 lb squeeze butter (in the bottle)
- 1⁄4 cup honey, to taste
- In a heavy deep skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil over medium high.
- When oil is hot, carefully add in the biscuits and cook about 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown (don't do too many biscuits at once, or the oil will lose temperature too quickly).
- Remove biscuits from oil and drain on paper towels; repeat steps until all biscuits are done.
- Make the honey "butter": remove about 1/4 of the squeeze margarine from the bottle and store for later use; add the honey and stir with a long teaspoon (like the ones for ice cream shakes), a wooden skewer, or the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Serve the biscuits with the honey butter.
Made for us for breakfast this morning, and it made for a great breakfast with some overnight french toast, and cereal. I used butter, instead of margarine, and the honey, margarine mix was a great combo, that blended real nice and easy. made for Bargain Basement.