- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, jalapeño peppers, seasoning mix and beef, mix well.
- Form into 8, 1/2 inch thick, patties.
- Grill the patties over medium coals for 14 to 16 minutes for medium doneness or broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source 10 to 12 minutes.
- Center should be no longer pink.
- Turn patties once, half way through cooking.
- Serve on buns topped with cheese and guacamole.