Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is an adaption of a Pampered Chef Recipe. Hope that you like it. The guacamole is a must!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 8 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, jalapeño peppers, seasoning mix and beef, mix well.
- Form into 8, 1/2 inch thick, patties.
- Grill the patties over medium coals for 14 to 16 minutes for medium doneness or broil 3 to 4 inches from heat source 10 to 12 minutes.
- Center should be no longer pink.
- Turn patties once, half way through cooking.
- Serve on buns topped with cheese and guacamole.
This made a tasty and zippy burger, thoroughly enjoyed
Very enjoyable burger. I used 1 jalapeno pepper that gave just a hint of heat, which was perfect for us.
Great! I made up some simple guacamole and had some leftover bacon so tossed that on top. Used cheddar instead of the pepper jack. Great recipe Paula!